Starting with version 0.27 of the URN metamodel, URN now depends on the core.ecore metamodel, which is defined in the core.jar library file.
Unfortunately, the Rational Rose mdl file cannot deal with references to this core.jar file. We therefore faked a local core package in Rational Rose, which only contains the minimal set of classes required in URN from CORE. The ecore files generated from the mdl file therefore have to be manually changed, so that all references to the classes in core.ecore point to the correct file in the library.
- update mdl file in Rational Rose
- generate ecore files from mdl file
- reload the URN.genmodel file (with Rose class model; select all packages including core; this generates the new ecore files)
- remove the generated core.ecore file
- update references to "core.ecore" in the generated ecore files with "../../../../../ca.mcgill.sel.core/model/CORE.ecore" (unless something related to CORE has changed in the new URN metamodel, this needs to be done: three times in fm.ecore, three times in grl.ecore, once in ucm.ecore, twice in urncore.ecore, and not at all in asd.ecore, ucmscenarios.ecore, and urn.ecore)
- go to the ID property of the id attribute of URNmodelElement in urncore.ecore and change the property from false to true (this is necessary, because the id attribute of URNmodelElement is now used for referencing elements in the .jucm file)
- save non-generated code to backup: FeatureImpl.isSelectable()
- open CORE projects (so that CORE.genmodel and CORE.ecore is available): ca.mcgill.sel.commons and ca.mcgill.sel.core; another option is to import the "core.jar" file present in "seg.jUCMNav\lib" folder as a project in the current workspace
- click on "File -> Import"
- choose "General -> Existing Projects into Workspace" and click on "Next"
- in "Select archive file", browse to the location of "core.jar" and click on "Finish"
- delete fm.genmodel and delete fm package in jUCMNav
- regenerate fm.genmodel
- select fm.ecore
- New/Other/Eclipse Modeling Framework/EMF generator model (use the Ecore Model importer and not the Ecore Model (CDO Native) importer)
- load the fm.ecore file
- select everything except for core in root packages
- add CORE.genmodel from CORE project (if it is not already listed)
- select CORE in referenced generator models
- generate code
- select root fm in fm.genmodel
- change Java compliance level from 6.0 to 1.4
- select root fm and right click to generate model code
- ignore the errors for UCMmapImpl about parameterized types being available only in version 1.5 or greater
- the code generation also updates the META-INF/MANIFEST.FM file with a reference to the CORE project: revert this file as seg.jUCMNav\lib\core.jar will be used
- put non-generated code back (this will require adding a few new imports)
If the CORE project has changed:
- download the latest CORE projects
- you may have to install the "OCL Examples and Editors" plugin from the Modeling group of the Eclipse repository
- generate a new core.jar file:
- select ca.mcgill.sel.commons and ca.mcgill.sel.core
- Export - jar file (do not include the .settings folders; include only the META-INF, src, and model folders; check only "Export generated class files and resources")
- ignore the warnings about duplicate files and the newly generated MANIFEST.FM
- replace seg.jUCMNav\lib\core.jar with the new core.jar file
If the CORE project has not changed:
- keep using seg.jUCMNav\lib\core.jar