Generation of CSM models from UCM models with jUCMNav
In this project, we will extend jUCMNav (a UCM editor implemented as an Eclipse plug-in) to convert UCM models to the CSM representation (i.e., by generating CSM files). A similar exercise has been done for the older UCMNav tool, so many documented algorithms are already available. Moreover, the new performance annotations in jUCMNav are much more in line with the CSM concepts than the annotations in the older UCMNav tool.
Running jUCMNav on Eclipse 3.1.1
- Go to the Tool Bar menu and click Run.
- From the Tool Bar menu choose File->New->Project.
- Choose Plug-in Project and click Next.
- Give the new project a name.
- Click Finish.
Exporting Procedures for the .jUCM maps
- Right-click on your project name and choose File->New->Other.
- Under jUCMNav folder choose Use Case Map and click Next.
- Click on a Browse button and choose your new project that you just created, then click OK.
- Create a new file Name.jucm and click Finish.
- Double-click on your Name.jucm that is located in a Navigator Window.
- Create a .jUCM map with the object you are testing.
- Right-click on the .jUCM map and select Export.
- Select UCM/URN and click Next.
- Select EXPORT USER REQUIREMENTS NOTATION (URN) and click Next.
- From the drop-down menu select UCM to CSM converter and click Finish.
- Check your output file using Xerces.
- 23 Mar 2006