This report presents the implementation of the import/export of User Requirements Notation (URN) models in Z.151 format with jUCMNav. Z.151 is an ITU-T standard for the URN language. jUCMNav is an Eclipse plug-in for the design and analysis of URN models. The current jUCMNav files are in XML/XMI format complying with jUCMNav’s metamodel. To better comply with the Z.151 standard, jUCMNav needs to support importing/exporting of URN models in Z.151 XML files.
This project led to the following contributions:
- We have implemented (with JAXB) a new functionality for the jUCMNav application: the import/export of URN models in the standard Z.151 format.
- We have supported a bi-directional transformation between the standard Z.151 meta-model (November 2008) and the jUCMNav metamodel version 0.23 (December 21, 2009).
- We have tested the import and export with a set of simple URN models and a comprehensive set of existing URN models.
- We have found six errors in the Z.151 XML schema, which will be sent to ITU-T as a contribution to improve the Z.151 standard.
With the above contributions, jUCMNav becomes the first tool to support the standard Z.151 file format.
- 11 Jan 2010
- This is a Masters project report (2 semesters), not a thesis per se.
- More details on this project: Z151ImportExport
- Please feel free to discuss this article directly on this page. Constructive comments are welcomed! Please sign your TWiki name.
| Title || Import/Export of URN Models in Z.151 XML File Format with jUCMNav |
| Authors || Yan Gao |
| Type || Thesis |
| Conference/Journal Title || |
| Volume/Number || |
| Editors || |
| Publisher || SITE, University of Ottawa |
| Month || January |
| Year || 2010 |
| Pages || 46 |
| DOI || |
| Keywords || URN, Z.151, standard, import, export, model transformation, JAXB, jUCMNav |